- Contact Us
World Innovation, Technology and Services Alliance called WITSA was incorporated in 1998 in the Commonwealth of Virginia within the United States of America. Founded in 1978, the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) is a leading consortium of ICT industry association members from over 80 countries/economies around the world. WITSA’s members represent more than 90 percent of the world's ICT market. As the leading recognized voice of the global ICT industry,
WITSA aims to drive transformation and grow the industry given that ICT is the key driver of the global economy: Advocating international public policies that advance the industry’s growth and development; facilitating international trade and investment in ICT products and services through our global network of contacts; Promoting industry cooperation and strengthening our national associations through the sharing of knowledge, experience, and critical information; Working closely with internationally recognized organizations to promote and facilitate growth; Awarding signature events ‐ WITSA World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) ‐ to member countries from around the world; Organizing Global ICT Excellence Awards to recognize outstanding ICT users.
WITSA members are leaders in a globally interconnected marketplace. As the challenges facing the ICT industry are undisputedly global, our members work together to achieve a shared vision on important issues of common interest. We make it possible for our members throughout the world to identify common issues and priorities, exchange valuable information, and present a united position on industry issues.
WITSA is the leading recognized voice of the global ICT Industry which is the key driver of global economic growth. WITSA also envisions itself as the leader in Fulfilling the Promise of the Digital Age for everyone.
To promote and facilitate the global growth of the information and communications technology and services industry through public policy development and advocacy, the promotion of global trade and investment, global forum, and experience.
WITSA aims to further advance and position the organization as the leading recognized voice of the global ICT industry. WITSA has identified and adopted eight key critical forces to propel the organization to greater heights. WITSA aims to further advance and to position the organization as the leading recognized voice of the global ICT industry. WITSA has identified and adopted eight key critical forces to propel the organization to greater heights:
• Global Trade: To facilitate global trade among WITSA members that impact the growth of the ICT industry.
• Membership: To increase and to retain WITSA members by providing greater membership value.
• Partnership: To build and enhance WITSA's relationships with corporations, globally recognized organizations, and institutions and governments in order to garner greater support, participation, and recognition of WITSA.
• Flagship Events: To continue hosting WITSA's flagship events in different parts of the world in order to strengthen WITSA's global thought leadership position.
• Global Recognition: To improve WITSA's brand and public relations efforts in order to increase and enhance WITSA's image and reputation globally.
• Operational Efficiency: To improve WITSA's operational efficiency in financial capabilities, organizational capabilities, and increase value to WITSA's members and partners.
• Organizing Global ICT Excellence Awards: To recognize outstanding ICT users from around the globe.
• Capacity building: To focus on understanding the obstacles that inhibit people, governments, international organizations, and non‐governmental organizations from realizing the benefits from ICT and its development. These key critical forces will be supported and implemented via various initiatives, activities, and tasks.